FD On Desk Robot Simulation Software
FD On Desk is Nachi's proprietary robot simulation software tool that runs on laptop or desktop computers. FD On Desk simulates all critical components of the Nachi FD Robot Control Platform and also provides a 3D environment (Robview) for creating accurate and realistic looking work cells. FD On Desk has a wide variety of uses including program creation, application setup, personnel training, problem diagnosis, and engineering purposes (Reach and Cycle Time Verification). Files created in FD On Desk can be easily imported to a robot controller for use, making FD On Desk a very useful offline programming tool.
FD On Desk Software Features
- Works with Multiple Operating Systems
- Operates on Windows NT®, Windows XP®, & Windows 7®
- Provides Operational Training Before Introducing the Robot
- Robot operator and programmer training is performed offline using only a PC
- Operational training manuals are included with FD On Desk
- Operate up to Eight Robots
- For multi robot controller simulations up to eight robots can be operated simultaneously.
- Conduct Accurate Cycle Time Analyses and Reach Studies
- FD on Desk uses the same motion motion processing software as the FD controller providing accurate cycle time analyses or programs and paths.
- Accurate reach studies can be conducted to verify application feasibility.
- Point "Tags" can be used to quickly evaluate robot reach.
- Offline Teaching Provides More Than Just Motion Programming
- FD on Desk provides offline programming of Software PLC, welding conditions, interface panel design, signal setup, and constant settings.
- Robview Provides 3D Visual Representation of Work Cells
- 3D objects can be imported in STEP (Standard for the Exchange of Product model data), IGES (Initial Graphics Exchange Specification), STL (Stereo Lithograph), VRML (Virtual Reality Modeling Language), and DXF (Drawing Exchange Format) formats.
- 3D "part" objects can be created from scratch using the Robview portion of FD On Desk
- Create simple custom "Mechanism" files (such as moving grippers, robot sliders, and machine doors)
- Multiple parts can be "glued" together to form larger assembly part files.
- Measure machine layout inside of Robview to determine floorspace requirements.
- Perform CAD to Path programming using Robview and imported component files.
- Create Simulation Videos Automatically
- Built in video capture software allows the user to easily create videos of robot simulations in AVI file format
Simulation Example Screen Shots